Les Robinson Educational Seminars on Human Resources Benefits for Federal Employee
CSRS &FERS Federal Benefits reviewed and updates on your present Federal Benefits Program
General Retirment Eligibility
Eligibility is determined by your age and number of years of creditable service. In some cases, you must have reached the Minimum Retirement Age (MRA) to receive retirement benefits. There are four categories of benefits in the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) Basic Benefit Plan:
- Immediate: If you retire at the MRA with at least 10, but less than 30 years of service, your benefit will be reduced by 5 percent a year for each year you are under 62, unless you have 20 years of service and your benefit starts when you reach age 60 or later.
- Early: The early retirement benefit is available in certain involuntary separation cases and in cases of voluntary separations during a major reorganization or reduction in force.
- Deferred: If you retire at the MRA with at least 10, but less than 30 years of service, your benefit will be reduced by 5 percent a year for each year you are under 62, unless you have 20 years of service and your benefit starts when you reach age 60 or older.
- Disability: You must have become disabled, while employed in a position subject to FERS, because of a disease or injury, for useful and efficient service in your current position. The disability must be expected to last at least one year. Your agency must certify that it is unable to accommodate your disabling medical condition in your present position and that it has considered you for any vacant position in the same agency at the same grade/pay level, within the same commuting area, for which you are qualified for reassignment.
Topics Covered in Educational Seminars
- Lifetime annuity benefits
- Buying back time
- Thrift Saving Plan
- Creditable Service
- Early Retirement
- Surviving spouses
- Eligibility for the common types of retirement
- Application Process to apply for bebefits
- Survivor Benefits options
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Estate Planning
- Plus many more
Les Robinson CLTC
Call to set up a Educational Seminars on Human Resources Benefits for your Federal Employee